DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL MONOMETHYL ETHER
DPM / Dipropylene glycol methyl ether is a mid-to slow evaporating solvent. This hydrophilic solvent has 100% water solubility and is ideally suited as a coupling agent in a wide range of solvent systems. DPM glycol ether has a higher flash point than propylene glycol methyl ether (PM) making it easier to handle, store, and ship. More broadly, its hydrophilic nature makes it an ideal coupling aid in water reducible coatings, and cleaning applications. DPM glycol ethers intermediate evaporation rate allow it to be used in a potentially wider range of systems than many other solvents.
USES FOR DPM Dipropylene glycol methyl ether
- Coupling agent (often in blends) for water-based dilutable coatings.
- Fragrance carrier for reed diffusers
- Active solvent for solvent-based coatings.
- Coupling agent and solvent in household and industrial cleaners, grease and paint removers, metal cleaners, and hard surface cleaners.
- Tail solvent for solvent-based gravure and flexographic printing inks.
- Primary solvent in solvent-based silk screen printing inks.
- Coupling agent in solvent blends for water-based gravure, flexographic, and silk screen printing inks.
- Coupling agent and solvent for vat dyeing fabrics.
- Stabilizer for agricultural herbicides.
- Coalescent for floor polishes and finishes
Properties of Dipropylene glycol methyl ether:
CAS No: 34590-94-8
Molar mass: 148.2 g mol?1
Density: 0.951 g/cm, liquid
Boiling Point: 190 C
Viscosity: 3.7 cP at 25 C
Other Names: Ucar solvent 2LM, Dowanol DPM, Dowanol-50B, DPGME, PPG-2 methyl ether, Bis(2-(methoxypropyl) ether, Dipropylene glycol monomethyl ether, Dipropylene glycol methyl ether, (2-Methoxymethylethoxy)propanol, HSDB 2511, Propanol, (2-methoxymethylethoxy)-, Dipropylene glycol, monomethyl ether, EINECS 252-104-2, 1-Propanol, 2-(2-methoxypropoxy)-, CID25485, 1-(2-Methoxyisopropoxy)-2-propanol, 1,4-Dimethyl-3,6-dioxa-1-heptanol
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.
Click here for MSDS
Click here to view sales specification sheet