DPG LO - Dipropylene Glycol - Fragrance Grade - Reed Diffusers, Perfume dilutent
|Code||Pack Size||Price ex. VAT||Price|
|RD10399||8 x 25L||£1,212.85||£1,456.00|
Low Odour - Fragrance Grade
PLEASE NOTE: All our prices are fully inclusive of VAT and delivery. There are no additional charges at the Checkout. Available to all parts of Mainland UK, Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland.
Dipropylene glycol with low odour is a high quality grade and with it's low toxicity and solvent properties makes it an ideal additive for perfumes and skin and hair care products. It is also an ingredient in commercial fogging fluids which are used in entertainment industry smoke and haze machines.
Uses for dipropylene glycol:
Perfumery Uses :
- Making Reed Diffuser oils (see below for details)
- Very good fragrance diluent and quencher.
- Pot pourri, perfumes, room sprays, body sprays, oil burners
Other effective uses of DPG are:
- Hydraulic brake fluid formulations
- Cutting oils
- Textile lubricants
- Printing inks
- Industrial soaps
- Solvent for agri chemicals eg. insecticides.
How to make your own DIFFUSER OIL:
- 30% Fragrance oil
- 60-65% DiPropylene glycol or MonoPropylene glycol
- 5-10% Perfumers alcohol (Buy Perfumers alcohol)
To make diffuser oil, blend the fragrance oil with the DPG or MPG until clear. Add Perfumers alcohol to reduce viscosity to desired thickness.
To read an article on how to make your own Reed Diffuser click here
Properties of Dipropylene glycol:
- Chemical Names: oxydipropanol, oxybispropanol, bis(2-hydroxypropyl) ether, 2,2'-dihydroxydipropyl ether, 1,1'-dimethyl diethylene glycol, 1,1'-oxydi-2-propanol, 2,2'-dihydroxyisopropyl ether, 2-(2-hydroxypropyl)-1-methyl ethanol, 1-(2-hydroxypropoxy) propan-2-ol, hydroxyprpyl oxypropanol
- CAS NO: 25265-71-8
- Description: Liquid at room temperature, colourless and Odourless.
- Actual Specific Gravity : 1.02140 @ 25.00 C.
- Specific Gravity : 1.01900 - 1.02100 @ 25.00 C.
- Actual Refractive Index : 1.44140 @ 20.00 C.
- Refractive Index : 1.43000 - 1.45000 @ 20.00 C.
- Assay: 99.00 - 100.00 %
- Soluble in : Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Amyris Wood Oil
- Solubility : miscible with Water
- EINECS: 246-770-3
- FORMULA: CH3-CH(OH)-CH2-O-CH2-CH(OH)-CH3
- CONTENT: Min 99 %
Dipropylene glycol is a colourless, nearly odourless liquid with a high boiling point and low toxicity. It is a mixture of three isomeric chemical compounds, 4-oxa-2,6-heptandiol, 2-(2-Hydroxy-propoxy)-propan-1-ol, and 2-(2-Hydroxy-1-methyl-ethoxy)-propan-1-ol.
Health & Safety:
Labelling according to Regulation (EC) No 1272/2008: The product is not labeled as dangerous according to Regulation (EC) No. 1272/2008