Ammonium Sulphate - Sulfate of Ammonia - Fertiliser, pH Reducer
Regular price £8.79
|Code||Pack Size||Price ex. VAT||Price|
SULFATE OF AMMONIA
Industrial grade / Fertiliser Grade
Ammoniacal Nitrogen - 21 %
PLEASE NOTE: This is not the same as AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE which is used as a flame retardant, compost accelerator etc.
USES OF AMMONIUM SULPHATE
- As a fertiliser for alkaline soils lowering the pH of the soil and adding nitrogen. Ammonium sulphate will reduce pH of soil but not by large amounts. 1.5kg of ammonium sulphate will treat 100 square metres and reduce the pH by 0.1 to 0.2 units.
- Adjuvant for soluble insecticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- As a flame retardant.
Properties of ammonium sulphate:
- CAS No: 7783-20-2
- Other names: ammonium sulfate (2:1), diammonium sulfate, sulfuric acid diammonium salt, mascagnite, Actamaster, Dolamin
- Appearance: Brownish gray to white crystals or granules
- Purity: 98.5-100%
- Specific gravity: 1.77
- Solubility: 77 g/100 g @20oC
- Molecular weight: 132.16
- pH: 4.5-5.5
- Melting point: 235oC (455oF) decomposition starts
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.