25% AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE SOLUTION
Liquid Ammonium Sulfamate
AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE USES:
- As a flame retardant
- Ammonium sulfamate is used as a compost accelerator. It is especially effective in breaking down the tougher and woodier weeds put onto the compost heap.
- Accelerates the break down and rotting of tree stumps.
- As a reagent in laboratories.
- As a plasticiser
- Used in the printing industry
- In electro-plating
- As a herbicide (outside the EU) - Ammonium Sulphamate was once considered to be particularly useful in controlling tough woody weeds, tree stumps and brambles. However in 2008 the EU removed its approval as a registered herbicide and therefore it can no longer be advertised or sold explicitly for this purpose. We therefore do not sell ammonium sulphamate for this purpose. Its availability and use as a compost accelerator is unaffected by the EUs pesticide legislation.
To use as a compost accelerator:
Apply solution as supplied. Treated compost should not be used for at least 3 months to allow sufficient time for the ammonium sulphamate to break down.
For improving the rotting of dead tree stumps drill holes in the stump before applying the solution.
Properties of Ammonium Sulphamate solution:
CAS No: 7773-06-0
EINECS No: 231-871-1
MOL Wt: 114.12
Ammonium sulphamate: 25%
Sulphate: 0.05% max
Chloride: 0.002% max
Fe: 0.00014% max
Physical state: Clear colourless liquid
Other Names: SULFAMIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT; AMIDOSULFONIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT; AMINOSULFONIC ACID AMMONIUM SALT;AMMONIUM SULFAMATE; AMMONIUM SULPHAMATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULFATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULFONATE; AMMONIUM AMIDOSULPHATE, Amicide, Amidosulfate, Ammate, Amcide, Ammate X-NI, AMS, Fyran 206k, Ikurin, Sulfamate, AMS and Root-Out.
PLEASE NOTE: This product is not for human or animal consumption.