Glyfos® is a foliar-applied translocated herbicide for the control of emerged weeds in industrial situations, forestry and aquatic areas. Non-selective and non residual, it offers complete weed control in a wide range of conditions.
It is a contact-only herbicide controlling weeds present at the time of application but not subsequent germination of weeds.
Summary of directions for use
- Excellent performance
- Non-selective, non-residual
- Flexible application rates
- Wide range of applications
- Controls a wide variety of annual and perennial weed species
- Systemic activity gives effective control of roots, shoots and leaves
(See label below for more details)
Glyfos® has a very wide range of uses in a wide range of situations. Please refer to the full label for precise instructions before using the product.
• 2 litres/ha annual weeds species only
• 4 litres/ha all annual and perennial weed species
• 5 litres/ha long leys e.g. 4-7 years old with perennial broad-leaved weeds
• 6 litres/ha standard rate for emergent aquatic and mixed weed populations as part of an annual weed control programme
• 6 litres/ha neglected waste ground, high levels of brambles and brushwood and floating aquatic weeds.
Getting the best from Glyfos®:
• Glyfos® is a foliar-applied translocated herbicide. Best results are obtained from application to weeds that are actively growing and have sufficient leaf area to allow uptake
• Best control of couch is obtained from applications to plants that are tillering and where new rhizome growth has started
Glyfos® is a systemic herbicide, as a soluble concentrate, for the control of most broad-leaved and grass weeds in:
• Durum wheat
• Field beans
• Forest Nursery
• Green cover in land not being used for crop production
• Non-cropped areas
• Oilseed rape
• Orchards: apple, pear, cherry, damson and plum
• Peas (combining)
• Stubbles of all edible and non-edible crops
APPLICATION OF Glyfos®:
In 10 litres of water apply Glyfos® at the following rates:
160 ml General use
200 ml Annual and perennial weeds
240 ml Perennial and broad-leaved weeds present
Areas of use
• Around farm buildings
• On industrial sites
• Site preparation for landscaping, etc
1.Pour the recommended quantity of Glyfos® into
the spray tank already half-filled with water
2.Top up the spray tank with water to the required level
3.Agitate thoroughly to mix the spray solution
4.Spray out on the day of mixing
Optimum time to spray
• Apply at any time of the year when weeds are showing green leaf and actively growing. Glyfos® is absorbed through the leaves and is translocated through the weed down to the roots
• A period of at least six hours and preferably 24 hours free of rain must follow application
• Do not spray during frosty weather or under windy conditions likely to result in spray drift onto other crops, lawns, amenity plants or any desirable species
• Glyfos® has no long-lasting herbicidal activity in soils after application
• It is preferable to plant most amenity plants after the treated vegetation has died back
• Under normal weather conditions, cultivation may be conducted five days after treatment
• Under poor growing conditions wait for the characteristic red/yellow leaf symptoms to appear on perennial weeds before cultivating
• Weeds germinating after application will not be controlled
• If poisonous weeds such as ragwort have been present before treatment, then grazing animals, such as horses, should be kept away from treated areas until poisonous weeds are removed.
A soluble concentrate containing 360 g/l glyphosate present as 480 g/l (41.2% w/w)
of the isopropylamine salt and tallow alkyl amine ethoxylate
Click Here to view Leaflet / Label
Click Here to view MSDS
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that any pesticide product for Professional use is used according to the Approved Code of Practice and that all operators are trained and certified in its use.
Product registered for Professional use in UK only.
ALWAYS READ THE LABEL. USE PESTICIDES SAFELY.